Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday 5 - Volume 10

Guys.  I'm having a day.  Scratch that.  I'm having a week.  I'm so glad it's Friday, you don't even understand.  My day week is going so well (no seriously...I forgot my underwear, I forgot my socks, I forgot my shoes, I forgot my phone, I just spilled coffee all over my dress...), I was seriously tempted to make this a more sarcastic, backwards version of my normal where instead of giving you a list of 5 things I loved this week, I gave you the 5 worst things that happened to me this week - and forgetting my shoes on wednesday was probably number 3 on that list...but then I read a post on one of my favorite blogs - Little Baby Garvin, about milestones and changed my tune.  She posted about hearing her new baby laugh for the first time and it made me smile - and I figured out how I was going to turn my day around.  I am going to change up from my normal list, but I think this one will be better.  So now...please to enjoy 5 of my absolute favorite pictures of my baby boy.  :-)


OK first of all, though - I have to say.  This was really hard!  Trying to narrow down the thousands of pictures I have of this kid to 5 of my favorites?  I was able to get down to a short list of 53.  Then 17.  Then 12.  Then 10.  I ended with 7, which I've been able to successfully cut down to 5 list items.  So that's just going to have to be good enough.    


1. First Pic as a Mommy
So this isn't technically my first picture with my bubs, but it is the first one that I think really conveys me as his mommy.  And now I'm crying.  This is starting off well.  I think this will always be my absolute favorite picture of the two of us.  It's hard to imagine anything better.



 2. Laughing
So two pictures for this one - the first time he really laughed (and the picture that really inspired this post) and a recent laughter picture.  This kid LOVES to laugh (I think he laughs at things just to hear himself sometimes) and it just makes my heart happy every time I hear it.



3. Those Eyes
I actually don't remember this picture - well, that's not entirely true.  I remember exactly this day - it was the first time it really snowed, so I put on his snow suit and put him outside in it (he still didn't own shoes, much less boots, so he was wearing about 6 pairs of socks to cover his feet, but they never touched the ground anyway).  It was also the only time he ever wore this snow suit - I didn't even take the tags off!  I had never identified this as a favorite picture before either, but as I was going through my collection, I couldn't take my eyes off it - how big and clear and beautiful his eyes are - through my 4-5 rounds of picture cutting for this post, those eyes just had to remain.



 4. Funny Faces
This kid.  He makes the funniest faces I've ever seen.  It's such a great indicator of his little personality.  When he was younger, and we still had our google glass, he loved to mimic the face we made when we were taking a picture (on glass, that functionality is triggered by winking).  My first round of pictures had about 6 photos of him making his glass face - but the one I kept here is probably the classic.  We always compared his face to the vampires in the buffy/angel whedon-verse.  You can't see it as much in this one, but we have one where he is the spitting image of David Boreanez in his vamp get up.  Even now, his silly faces continue - it probably goes along with the laughter post - he loves to laugh and he loves to make others laugh.



 5. Tantrums
Kid is 2.  These are to be expected.  As with the funny faces, I had about 6 pictures in the original list of him fake crying like this one.  When he's really crying, of course I'm right there hugging and loving on him, but when it's clearly a cry (heh) for attention like this - I'm trying my darndest not to crack up laughing and try to snap a quick pic.  I'm sure I'll find some use for these as he gets older....tee hee.


OK I'm feeling sufficiently better.  This kid can always lift my spirits.  Thanks buddy.

And for all of you - have a better Friday then I have had so far - and enjoy your weekend!  Until next time,













2 comments:

  1. he's such a sweet little guy!!!
    I've been having a rough go lately and I know a lot of it is self-induced. I'm glad you were able to find something to help you change your attitude, we really do have so much to be thankful for!!

    www.confessionsofafrumpymommy.com

    ReplyDelete