Monday, October 12, 2015

MMM - An action packed week(end)!

This weekend was great.  For a lot of reasons, but most importantly - it didn't seem like it just rushed by like most weekends do.  It was just a really nice break - a good mix of relaxation and out & about.  Because it was the weekend, of course Miles woke up bright and early and was not interested in relaxing in bed with Chad and I.  So being the good wife that I am, I got up with Miles and let Chad keep sleeping for a lil bit.

Miles and I had some breakfast, then Miles figured out how to climb up on the back of the couch -  we spend way too much time telling the dog to get off the back of the couch - I'm not sure why Miles thinks he can get up there (because he's 2 obviously...rules don't apply).  I had to tell him about 6 times not to climb up there (he's trying to jump off...there are far worse implications than just messing up the couch) - but I also had to get a picture.  Because memories.
Oh yeah, he also got a haircut on Friday - which always makes him look SO MUCH OLDER!

While Chad was getting ready, I took Miles out to his papa's woodshop to help clean (but mostly dance).  He doesn't get to spend a ton of time there, so he was loving every minute of it.

Chad and I left for the rest of the morning to do some important stuff that I can't talk about yet, but which is very exciting and I will update about it very soon.  We also headed to the laundramat to do 2 weeks worth of laundry, becuase my mom's washer has been broken and the repair guy doesn't seem to want to fix it (it's under warranty...just replace the thing...but no.  he gets paid per visit, so make sure that instead of finding out the exact problem the fist time, you make a vague guess and only order parts for that - then when they come in, realize those parts only fix part of the problem and order new parts.  So your 2 visit repair turns into 3 visits and you get to make lots of money.  yes, that's a great way to do business.......) ANYWAY...while we were out doing that, Miles went to the pumpkin farm with Grammy and had an awesome afternoon.

I used all that laundry time to finally get some Jams on my nails, which I haven't been able to do in a couple of months.  I broke out some of the marsala designs, which is the Pantone color of the year, and perfect for fall - which is something I loved about my last manicure and was sad when it didn't last.  I love these!

I ordered some new lettering supplies - brush markers and watercolors.  I spent some time yesterday playing with those and getting used to them - it's a much different feel than the sharpie lettering I've been doing.  But I signed up for a charity craft show at work and want to have a few pieces with both mediums and so I've got some work ahead of me.  Here's one of my play pieces.  These markers have really awesome blending capabilities and that's what I was having the most fun with.
It needs a little work - and I still need to work on my usual, but it's really fun!

Chad had a work event on Sunday, so it was just me and little man.  We tagged along with Grammy to run some errands and grocery shop, then played outside.  I thought with such a full morning, he'd be more than ready for a nap after lunch.  I don't know why I thought that.  That's never how it works.  We read about 4 books and he started to snooze a little bit with each one, but as soon as the story ended, he was awake and ready for the next it was a napless day, which led to a cranky evening.  But once he started settling down, he was good.  Especially when he got to chill in the dog bed with his cheerios.

And then of course, he promptly passed out about 45 minutes before his bedtime - so I took advantage of that and got in some silly selfies with him while he slept...teehee.

And that's all she wrote...until next time friends, 


  1. I haven't had time to put jams on in forever, need to get on that...
    Annabelle got her haircut too, blows my mind how much they're like little people and not toddlers anymore

    1. It had been so long since I put them on, I forgot how convenient they really were. I just didn't want to spend an hour and a half doing it.... :-)