Wednesday, April 30, 2014

jamberry challenge

Several of my sorority sisters started selling Jamberry nail wraps a few months ago.  I had avoided trying it thus far, but you can only see the pictures of perfect "jamicures" so many times before you just have to give in to peer pressure.  So after seeing the spring/summer samples, I decided to give it a try.
I had my friend, Tina, send me a sample of the Funky Cheetah design.  It came today and looked like this (without the 5):

Following the instructions that came with the wrap, I cut it in half so I could cover 2 nails.  Then applied it.
This was so simple.  Just heat it up for a few seconds with a blow dryer, stick it to your nail, then heat it for a few more seconds to set it.  Then trim off any excess with scissors and bam.  Done.  Takes less than a minute and zero dry time.
It looked like this when I finished.

So, also following the directions, I decided to take the jamberry challenge.  I painted my remaining nails with my usual polish.  I use Sally Hanson Extreme Wear, which is a quick-dry, extended wear polish.  

The goal of the challenge is to see which lasts longer.   So here's day 1.

I'll tell you what though, even if these only last a few days, I think they may be worth it in ease of use alone.  Let me tell you, putting on 2 nail wraps took me just a couple of minutes and they were done and dry.  There was no learning curve and there was no mess.  I could go and pick up my 13 month old without worrying about messing up my freshly "painted" nails.
Then I had to paint the rest of my nails.  I have short nails, so this is inevitable:

I had to do two coats.  And I had to wait for it to dry.  Of course Miles was curious, so I had to keep the bottle (and my nails) away from him.  He was wanted to climb all over me, so I had to figure out how to pick him up or put him down without messing up the polish.  Then he decided to dump a glass of water out.  So I had to clean that up right after applying the second coat.  This polish is quick dry, but not that quick.  Anyway, all things considered, I did pretty well - this was my worst casualty.

Anyway, the Jams are off to a positive start.  Check back in a week to see the progress. And in the meantime, stay Chelish :-)

day 5 | days 10/13

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see how it holds up! I love the pattern with the nail polish color you picked, super cute

    ReplyDelete