Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Going Back to Hogwarts...

Since downloading the Timehop app on my phone a few weeks ago, I've been having so much fun reminiscing about what I was doing on this day 1, 2, 3, 4....8, 9, 10 years ago (because I've had facebook for almost 10 years now - yes, I'm one of those...).

So for example, 2 years ago today I discovered Pinterest.  I wasted more than 4 hours browsing pins that first day.
3 years ago today, I found a picture of a cake decorated with darth vader riding a my little pony over a rainbow.  That won the internet that day.

But the best timehop I got today was from 5 years ago.  When I discovered AVPM - A Very Potter Musical (which at the time was still called Harry Potter the Musical), and 3 hours later when I was officially obsessed.

If you're a fan of Harry Potter and you have not yet discovered Team Starkid's excellent musical theatre, you are doing yourself a disservice.  AVPM became so massively popular that it spurned AVPS - A Very Potter Sequel, and AVPSY - A Very Potter Senior Year (guest starring Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood).
I could watch these shows over and over and over again.  I constantly listen to the soundtracks.  I make random references to it in my everyday life.  I fell in love with Darrin Criss before he was on Glee.  I went to their SPACE tour concert.  I'm a geek.  I admit it.  But watch this and tell me it's not the best thing you've ever seen, ever...


So thanks, Timehop, for this wonderful trip down Starkid memory lane.  And now I'm off to listen to the soundtracks.  Again.

Stay Chelish, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment