Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What (Not) To Wear Wednesday

I am, admittedly, fashion-challenged.  I've committed to working on bettering my so-called fashion sense - learning what does and doesn't look good, being more adventurous and trying items I might not normally have worn, taking time to choose an outfit instead of throwing on my staple jeans and a t-shirt/sweater/hoodie (or if I do wear those things, accessorize in a way that makes it look like I tried a little).  I've found inspiration from my blogger/mommy friend, Shaunacey, who has made some really awesome fashion updates in the last couple of months.  Now I want to do the same.

So to help me do that, I'm implementing What (Not) to Wear Wednesdays*- a spin off of the popular "What I Wore Wednesday".  It's basically the same concept - I'm going to post pictures of the outfits I wore for the last week.  My goal in this is two-fold: 1) I have some accountability for choosing an outfit that I'm not embarrassed to show the world and 2) get feedback from you!  What did I do right?  What did I do wrong?  What could I do to make it better?  Do those jeans give me "mom-butt"? etc.  I view this process as not something I should do alone, but as something I should readily accept help for.  So please, help me! (And also, please excuse the picture quality for the time being.  I don't have a full length mirror, so I'm stuck using the forward-facing camera w/timer on my phone.)

This will be a short week, as I only decided to do this on Monday.  Here are this weeks choices:
Wednesday's Sweater Detail


Monday: Striped Tee - Old Navy, Jeans - Old Navy, Shoes - American Eagle (old)
Tuesday: Tank - Kohls (Similar), Cardigan - Motherhood (Similar), Jeans - Old Navy, Shoes - American Eagle (old), Scarf - Modadorn (Similar)
Wednesday: Cardigan - Delias (Old), Tank - Vanity (Similar), Pants - Unknown (Old), Shoes - BCBG (Old)

 So there it is.  What works?  What doesn't (and don't say my face...)?  Your feedback is what will make this work, so get to it!


*Name in progress...suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. aww you're the sweetest!!
    i think you look amazing and likely aren't giving yourself enough credit.
    Wednesday's outfit is super cute for the office and you could also rock it with a really bright color sweater (hot pink, cobalt etc).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of thatssochelish blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete