Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My first Jamicure

Remember way back when I did the Jamberry challenge?  Well I finally ordered some product and gave myself my first official Jamicure.  I did this one with a blow-dryer, but it ended up being a total pain, so I'm glad I ordered the mini-heater for next time.

Here's day 1:

The wraps I used were Orchid Ombre and Pink & Purple Peacock.  I kind of rushed when I was applying them, and as I said, I was using a blow-dryer, so I kept dropping them on the floor and they would get dust on them, so I have a few bumps and chips that resulted from that, but otherwise, a week later they're still holding strong!
Day 7:


I want to figure out a better way to trim them.  I used kitchen shears the first time (probably not my best idea, but it worked well) and nail scissors this time.  The nail scissors were tiny and harder to maneuver than the shears, if you can believe it - so the result was not as great.  I also cut a few of the wraps too short before applying them, so I have to work on that.  I've heard a nail file is actually the best way to trim the edges, so I think next time I'll try that out.  

I've got 6 more designs coming any day now.  I think the hardest part about this will be making myself get my money's worth out of them - the wraps will last 2 weeks, so I need to force myself not to change them too early because it's so much fun to come up with new combinations of designs...

And with that, I'm ready to finish up this work day a little early (because I had to come in at 6 am...ugh), head home, play with this guy,

and watch some more GOT & eat some ice cream once Chad gets home.

It's a good day to be Chelish...

1 comment: