Thursday, May 8, 2014

google glass

Chad has been a Glass Explorer for about 5 months now.  He absolutely loves this weird looking piece of technology and has been pushing me to try it for as long as he's had it.  I've resisted pretty effectively, but I agreed to try it out this weekend.  I'm still not quite sure why I'm agreeing to this.  He's convinced by the end of the weekend I won't be able to live without it.

I have to admit, he may be right.  Not because I secretly hope I will (I actually secretly hope I won't), but because this is what always happens.  I resisted a data plan on my flip phone because I would never use it.  Then I got one and did.  I resisted a smart phone because I really would never use it.  Yeah, try and pry me away from that now.  So maybe this is just the next logical progression...I don't know.

I will say this though, I didn't realize how useful these could be until Chad went without his for a few days.  The latest software update really messed up a lot of units...Chad's included.  So the glass team has been replacing them.  Unfortunately, that takes a few days so he had to learn to live without Glass a little bit.  
One thing Glass has been great for is capturing 'in the moment' photos.  You don't have to worry about going to grab your phone or camera and missing the moment.  Your camera is on your head, you can just wink and take a picture instantly.  That's pretty cool.  And there was an instance, while Chad was waiting for his new glass, that we actually missed one of those moments - had to wait while I dug out my phone, and then tried to recreate it.  It wasn't nearly as good.  So there's that I guess.

I'll give it a try.  I'm skeptical, but I'm willing.  I won't say I'm exactly open to the idea of wearing it all the time (in fact, today was day 1, and I may have "forgotten" to wear it to work...the CFO is visiting, it's my boss's last day, and I don't really want to throw Glass: Day 1 into the mix for all that as well.  Plus, I'm really not sure what the policy is for this kind of thing...maybe this will be one of those "better to ask forgiveness..." situations).
 

Anyway....stay tuned.  Stay Chelish.


 duckface.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the #GlassFamily
    *I continue to learn from, am challenged by and evolve with GLASS . . . '-} *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jolyn! I've seen some great things come from the #GlassFamily. If there's anything positive to come out of this trial run, it's being a member of such an amazing and welcoming community!

      Delete