Tuesday, May 6, 2014

#teddytuesday


Teddy Fish was just a few weeks younger than my Miles.  Teddy suffered from an awful disease called Menkes which claims most children by the age of 3.  Poor Teddy didn't even get that long.  He took his cape and went to fly with the angels yesterday.

I can't think of this sweet little boy without tears in my eyes and pain in my heart.  I can't imagine what his dear mother is going through right now...what she's gone through over the past year, knowing this was coming.

I thank God that I have a healthy child.  I hope I never have to endure the pain that Teddy's mom feels right now.  Her strength on this journey has been nothing short of miraculous.  She lived everyday to make sure Teddy had the best life possible - no matter how short it may have been.
Her effort shows on Teddy's facebook and instagram (@superteddy423).  He had a smile for days that looked like it could literally light up a room.

I never met Teddy Fish or his family, but I know the world is a better place because he was in it.

Today and every day, I'm going to hug my boy just a little bit tighter.  Say an extra "I love you".  Give him one more good night kiss.  We never know how long we have with each other.  We have to make each moment count.

Rest in peace, Super Teddy.  As your mother always says - we love you to the moon and back.  we'll never let anyone forget you.

#teamteddy #superteddy #teddytuesday #fumenkes



1 comment: